Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Niagara Falls

I have never been anywhere so beautiful and romantic sitting in the ER. It doesn't help that ever since Jack had a seizure I now rush him to the doctor as soon as his temp gets over 37C. I must have sounded like a nut case because the last fever was just a 24hour flu. ($300) But this time, 'the boy who cried wolf' was actually in serious danger of getting pneumonia. ($700)

So I have seriously been scared to death by the xrays/ blood tests/ heart rate monitors and IV's. I will take him to the doctor for every sneeze until we leave this country. (Priceless)

So the drama unfolded over 12 hours until we saw a real doctor* and were finally sent home. It took another 12 hours before we were back on track and another 36hours before Jack would speak to us.

I refuse to take this part of Niagara home with me. I will mostly remember standing on top of the Maid of the Mist and showering under the falls. I will remember the butterflies that landed on my shoulder in the conservatory and the way my husband and I drank cocktails and watched fireworks over Niagara from our lounge room.




*real doctor - a doctor who sees his patient for more than 5 mins consecutively before making a diagnosis

No comments: